The Well-being At School Award at Leamore
We have signed up to the Wellbeing At School Award to further develop our work to promote positive well-being and mental health for the whole school community and gain accreditation for the work we have already done. It also ties in with our school strategy to help our students become caring, active citizens and achieve excellence.
About the Award
There are eight objectives to achieve within the Well-being Award Framework, containing several Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) set out within each. The award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place that promotes the emotional well-being and mental health of both staff and pupils. The award will enable us to develop these practices where necessary and help us to ensure that well-being is embedded in the long-term culture of our school. It will help us to create an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all and will build on the foundations already in place.
- Objective 1: The school is committed to promoting and protecting positive emotional wellbeing and mental health by achieving the Wellbeing Award for Schools.
- Objective 2: The school has a clear vision and strategy for promoting and protecting emotional wellbeing and mental health, which is communicated to all involved with the school.
- Objective 3: The school has a positive culture which regards emotional wellbeing and mental health as the responsibility of all.
- Objective 4: The school actively promotes staff emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- Objective 5: The school prioritises professional learning and staff development on emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- Objective 6: The school understands the different types of emotional and mental health needs across the whole-school community and has systems in place to respond appropriately.
- Objective 7: The school actively seeks the ongoing participation of the whole-school community in its approach to emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- Objective 8: The school works in partnerships with other schools, agencies and available specialist services to support emotional wellbeing and mental health.