Safeguarding our children is always of paramount importance to us. We have been notified by West Midlands Police of an incident in Walsall where a young girl was followed as she was dropped off to school , The young girl was very sensible and ran straight to school , The police are investigating the incident. Please can we ask that you remind your children of the safety advice from West Midlands Police:
- Never go off on your own with a stranger, take things from them or get in a car with them.
You will also find some great tips and advice here: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/staying-safe-away-from-home/
- Make sure you tell your parents where you are.
- If someone scares you, or makes you feel uncomfortable go somewhere safe, which could be your home, your school or a police station.
- Remember to tell someone what has happened straight away.
- Always dial 999 in an emergency.
Many thanks for your continued support